Concrete and car paint

I park my car in the fairly narrow space between the side of the house and the boundary wall. Parked on a concete slab with a rendered house wall on one side and a 3 foot tall concrete wall on the other.

Even after a thorough cleaning and polishing it doesn't seem to take long for the car paint to become very matt and dull. The red paint even takes on an orangey hue. Does anybody know if this could be the effect of concrete dust? (None of the concrete is new).

I'm planning a Farecla and polishing session soon and if concrete dust is having a detremental effect I'd consider trying to seal all the concrete with something. I reckon I could need a lot of whatever I'd be using at a lot of expense so thought I'd ask for your views here.

Regards

Reply to
Periproct

No but if it is a light colour concrete it could be reflecting light onto the paint. Red is one of those colours that fades badly.

Its red. Red fades ALOT. It's got nothing to do with concrete dust.

Reply to
Conor

Thanks for that. Save me a fortune on concrete sealing type stuff.

Reply to
Periproct

Is this a recent development?, could be pollen?!

(and yes, all red cars turn pink over time)

Reply to
Mike Dodd