Rover 25 1.6 Auto 2003

I have recently had my third yearly service on the above car at my local Caffyns which used tgo be a Rover dealer. When I took the car home the ABS and brake light came on and stayed on.\ I reported this to the garage and asked them to log this as my 3 year warranty was due to expire within a few days. To cut a long story short this happened on

22nd March and I just got my car back on Friday 5th May. Caffyns have investigated the fault and say it could not have been caused by the service. I have had to pay =A3233 for their "investigations" and they have reported back they cannot find anything wrong,the car has been road tested and was now ok. Needless to say on Saturday the abs and brake light came on again! This only happens when a speed in excess of 60mph is reached.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem and if so how was it resolved. I still strongly feel the service played a large part in this problem but of course cannot prove this.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!!

Reply to
owlsrest.home
22nd March and I just got my car back on Friday 5th May. Caffyns have investigated the fault and say it could not have been caused by the service. I have had to pay £233 for their "investigations" and they have reported back they cannot find anything wrong,the car has been road tested and was now ok. Needless to say on Saturday the abs and brake light came on again! This only happens when a speed in excess of 60mph is reached.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem and if so how was it resolved. I still strongly feel the service played a large part in this problem but of course cannot prove this.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!!

DID THEY DO THE BREAKS when doing the service??

Reply to
aussie bongo (*_*)

only checked but put on two new tyres

Reply to
owlsrest.home

Thus involving removing the wheels. Suspected sensor failure, then.

Reply to
DervMan

Does this mean you think something which happened in the service could have caused this sensor failure TheABS system has been sent away for diagnosis but returned all ok but the lights are back on again

Reply to
owlsrest

Yes but the garage isn't at fault unless they physically broke it.

Get someone to check to make sure your wheel rims aren't bent.

Reply to
Conor

Yes.

Sent away? Hmm. Plugging it into the diagnostics should report what is at fault...

Reply to
DervMan

Thanks guys I guess its back to the garage today!!

Reply to
owlsrest

hay derve man what part of the country are you in. i have a fault code reader and can check the fault codes for free.

Reply to
aussie bongo (*_*)

I have one too...

But it isn't my Rover...