Coolant loss

Hi Guys, Advice appreciated. I am losing coolant from my header tank, it seems to be coming out around the cap. Other than a faulty pressure cap (getting new one tomorrow), is there anything else which could cause this? Thanks, Jerry

Reply to
Jerry and Ce

The message from "Jerry and Ce" contains these words:

Head gasket/cracked head.

Reply to
Guy King

header tanks can crack

Reply to
MrCheerful

This is probably an unnecessary expense as the fault is sure to be something else.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

Thanks for comments so far. I've tried to get the fault to occur while idling but despite running it til the fan kicked in several times it didn't overflow while idling. Does this help with diagnosis at all?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry and Ce