Corsa B Steering Problems HELP!!

Hi All,

My steering wheel started rocking backwards and forwards yesterday making it very hard to turn corners

I have a 1996 Corsa LS with manual steering, i have felt the steering column above the pedals and it is moving now also

Can anyone tell me what i need fixed?

I hope this is not too expensive as i am studying at the moment with little money to spare

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Reply to
mrgris

Hi All,

My steering wheel started rocking backwards and forwards yesterday making it very hard to turn corners

I have a 1996 Corsa LS with manual steering, i have felt the steering column above the pedals and it is moving now also

Can anyone tell me what i need fixed?

I hope this is not too expensive as i am studying at the moment with little money to spare

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Reply to
mrgris

It sounds as though the column angle adjustment lever is loose or broken in some way.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

This isn't something that Corsa B owners benfited from AFAIK.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

If a corsa B is the old shape I.e. M Reg up to about 1998 then No it isn't.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

Follow the steering column down towards the pedals. Where the 'inner-column' protrudes out of the 'outer-column', you will find a plastic bearing that has either slid out of its normal location, or worn away. The bearing can be either pushed back up into the 'outer-column' tube, or if worn will have to be replaced. Neither an expensive or difficult task.

Reply to
NT

HI All,

Thankyou to everyone who responded and especially NT for solving my problem

I think these groups are amazing, full of knowlegable people who offer help

Now back to my studies (sigh)

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
mrgris

No problem. The fee will appear on your next ISP bill.

Regards, USENET

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Glad to have been able to help. You may find the bush will want to slide back down again before long. If it is not badly worn - and the steering wheel shows no signs of abnormal up-down / sideways movement - then what you could do is wrap a few turns of insulation tape around the exposed inner-shaft to prevent the bush from sliding back down again.

However, if it has worn too much then it should be replaced.

Reply to
NT