Corsa diesel revs up and down in wet weather

Hi everyone,

My wife has a '99 Corsa 1.7 Diesel (the Isuzu engine). Normally it's fine, but it doesn't seem to like wet conditions - if left to idle, it tends to rev up and down quickly. Similarly it's a bit rough when driving, it can be quite jumpy at low speeds but is ok once you get above 30 or so.

Something I thought might be related - very occasionally, while driving the rev counter will drop to 0 and then jump back to the correct point. I wondered if some kind of sensor was getting affected by water and maybe causing both symptoms?

Thanks,

hajo

Reply to
hajo

I would first look to an air leak in the spill pipes, secondly for corroded connectors on things under the bonnet. IIRC the rpm signal comes direct from the pump, so maybe you have got the first signs of failing electronics in the pump? on most vauxhall diesels the pump fails around the 130 thousand mile mark, almost as though it has a timer built in.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful