55 plate vectra 1.9cdti sri 150ps chip/remap

hi
Thinking of either a remap of one of the plug in modifications to increase bhp and torque. Would appreciate any recomendations as there
seem to be a lot of companies out there offering this service. Some say they are recommended by vauxhall sports club etc etc.
My vectra is quick enough but a little extra will help keep the saxo's at bay
Thanks
Blakey

A proper remap will do the trick. The plugin boxes are nowhere near as good from experience. It should add another 30BHP and make it far more responsive. Most things can see off a Saxo, you will be leaving the Civic R well behind. if you want a decent job you will be looking at a minimum of 500.

Thx,
Any suggestions of places to do these mods. I am based in Norfolk, but have car, will travel.
:)

You need to speak to JackH, sometime poster in this parish.
He's been doing a bit of work for someone with the kit and a rolling road not too far from you.
On 14 Mar, 23:49, snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) wrote:

*waves*
I'm 'only' 160ish miles from Norwich, so not exactly on his doorstep. ;-)
-- JackH

Oh, aye. Erm, it's all 'over there' to me ;-)
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I'd be very surprised if you can't find something around Snet.
says...

Doesn't Dave Walker have is Emerald rolling road and Tuning centre somewhere in Norfolk. Now he knows his stuff with petrol and mapping, not sure how up he is on diesels, but with the way car buying and tuning is going it wouldn't surprise me if he was already investigating if not actually already doing.
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest

Lol...........
I really need to have a look around the town I'm living in at moment !
I live in Watton which just happens to be where Dave Walker has his rolling road, 2 mins away.
Thanks
In article <ff613435-815d-4589-83f4-f14fdaa52e59@

No worries. Walker is a bit of a legend, and as well as a tuner he is a journo, so if he finds getting more out of a car interesting, it might get mentioned in his column in PPC.
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest

It's a Vectra diesel, so it's highly unlikely.
SteveH wrote:

<post corrected>
--
Pete M - OMF#9
Range Rover V8 Turbo

Oh indeedy. If I never get in a Vectra again, I'll be happy. The 2.2CDTi I took around Italy was a complete and utter piece of shite. Changing to a Focus C-max was actually a pleasure.
Of all the mini-MPVs I've tried (it now seems to be all of them) the C-Max has got to be the best. Short on seats which is a pain, but to drive it is very pleasant compared to the rest. Much better than the Scenic, infinitely better than the Zafira. And the less said about the Tacuma the better.
snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk says...

I refered to interesting in the academic sense, not the drive sense. If while tuning he finds something that makes a difference that goes against convention but gives positive result, then it is interesting, if something that theory says works, but in the real world doesn't, it is interesting.
As performance diesel car tuning outside the race track and the lab is still in it's early days, any hard repeatable data is interesting.
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest

Diesel. Vectra. PPC.
Spot the odd one out.....
Elder wrote:

Chap I know makes loads of cash fitting turbodiesel tuning equipment he imports from Germany. Seems to work, he chipped a mates Passat B5 and it almost made it interesting to drive.
Needless to say, he himself drives a Merc CL55 AMG.
--
Pete M - OMF#9
Range Rover V8 Turbo

Depends which one. Shite as it may be, a VTs will nail most Vectras without breaking a sweat.

Hmmm. You appear to be full of shit. Bad luck.
--
Lordy.UK

hmm
i seem to have opened up a topic of vectra vs saxo
yes a vtr did give me a run for my money.
To be truthfull i have no idea what the top speed of a vtr is and havent a lot of interest. All im interested in is remap info for a vectra
Get a grip peeps!

Erm, look again. You seem to have opened up an "Ian is full of shit" topic.

Really? And a VTr is only a baby one...

Nor have I, they are shit.

I have a perfectly good grip, someone said you would be flooring Civic Type-R's with a simple remap. You will not. That's all there is to it.
Oh, and for the record I think Civic Type-R's are shit as well, just so there's no confusion about bias.
And don't get me started on Vectras... :)
-- Lordy.UK
Lordy.UK wrote:

I know a chap who had a very hairy turbo'd VTS. That would blitz most Vectras, but wasn't very good at straight lines.

That's just bollocks. You'd need a 3.2 Vectra and over 300 hp to do that, I should imagine.
--
Pete M - OMF#9
Range Rover V8 Turbo