CORSA SINGLE POINT INJECTOR MOISTURE PROBLEM

A friend has a 1.2 P reg Vauxhall Corsa with single point injection. Every few days it refuses to start because of apparent moisture build up around the injector. If he removes the injector plug and wipes everything dry around the plug and its prongs it starts OK until moisture builds up again.

I notice the original air filter has been removed and replaced with an external cone shaped K & N type, also the sealing ring is missing between the air filter bowl and the injector manifold.

Could this lead to extra moisture build up? (I gather in the original set up warm air from the exhaust is fed into the filter - keeping things dryer?). Alternatively, if moisture is normally present around the injector, do we need to inspect the sealing around the injector plug?

Many thanks for any responses.

Reply to
Sunday Driver

Slap your "friend" about the head and tell them to get the original air box assembly back on the way it is. This engine is absolutely dire with the worst power output (44bhp for a 1.2i) AFAIK in history. The K&N will make NO difference.

If this isn't an option, WD40 round the connector and if it works fine for a few days then you have your problem - your friend :)

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Got to disagree - im no 'stupid bolt-on mods' person but replacing the stock filter housing on my old carb'd 1.1 with a cone made a very noticable difference, to others not just to me. But this will be argued until the cows come home and i'll undoubtedly be flamed. Either way this wont make the slightest difference to moisture on the injector plug so might as well remain as find an original air box, tell them to clean and dry the area and then use silicone sealant on the plug connector assembly once dry. This will be easily removed should it need to be but keep the moisture out. This is commonly used with great success on

3sGTE plug leads where the IC bonnet vent on the celica GT4 allows water to drop onto the plug leads. J
Reply to
Coyoteboy

But then that isn't on an engine with one of the worst inlet and exhaust systems on the planet is it?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Must admit it was on a pug 205 with the same exhaust manifold/system as the 1.4 used to generate twice the power so im guessing that was fairly free running. And people often do seem to put a cone right near the exhaust to suck in lovely hot air.

Reply to
Coyoteboy