Crawling along in traffic

They shouldn't get frustrated, but sometimes they do, and occasionally you'll get somebody who will push past you and then go and sit on the tail of the next guy. They only advance themselves one place in the queue, which gains them maybe a second or two, and it makes no sense in the overall scheme of things, but that's what they do. That's why I suggested trying to avoid the gap getting provocatively large, for want of a better expression.

Best wishes all, Dave - alias TripleS.

Reply to
David Knowles

Also sprach "David Knowles" :-

If they're that pushy - I'd rather they were in front of me than behind me anyway.

Reply to
Guy King

Yes, I think you're right about that.

Best wishes all, Dave - alias TripleS.

Reply to
David Knowles

And if you want to irritate them more you can anticipate the moment they decide to undertake you and go with throttle up to close the gap. :-)) DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Also sprach "davek" :-

Tempting - but I'd rather not. If they're so irrational that they can't contain themselves I certainly don't want to annoy 'em.

Unless of course it's a police car coming the other way.

Reply to
Guy King

"David Knowles" wrote in news:cp2914$88e$ snipped-for-privacy@mdk.uklinux.net:

Never understood this attitude. I was on the M25 in slow moving traffic (20mph) a couple of weeks ago. I like to keep a gap ahead of me so ~I don't have to do the stop/start tango.

Ruddy coach driver behind kept moving up close, as if to push me on a bit, even though the view ahead was full of brake lights. He would move to the left or right, pass me, get stuck when the traffic came to a stop, only to see me pass again at a constant speed.

MrBitsy

Reply to
MrBitsy