new twist to rock crawling

Nathan Collier

That looks like fun. Mount a camera on it, and a monitor on your dash, and your passenger can drive the Jeeplet and give you a view of where your tires are.

Reply to
Paul Calman

lol....now thats a new one!

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Um, don't laugh but...

That's almost exactly what I am going to do for my next outing. There has been some "clunking" in my rear suspension, so I was going to take my VioSport lipstick cam and mount it in different places to record and help diagnose what's moving where, while I'm driving.

But then I thought, "Jeez, why not mount a cam or two to help see obstacles?"

It might help to adjust a critical line, and save a component.

One of those cheap 4 camera security monitors oughta do it!

It'll work until the cameras get bashed, anyway ;-)

Reply to
Cal Wheeler

They make radio controlled cars with gasoline engines now. A guy I met who owns one said it will do an *actual* 55 mph. Probably be overkill for something like this though, but maybe not...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

The RC stuff is cool, but can it crawl? n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 04:31:32 GMT, "Nathan Otis" shared the following:

Oh, man... That is sooooo cool. I used to LOVE playing with Legos when I was a kid. I remember ripping apart a broken RC van I had that had headlights and taking parts off of it including the headlights and building a Lego car with the motor and stuff and playing with it. That second crawler video is inspiring me. And... I can't help thinking about that 12V 2000 lb winch motor that I have sitting on my workbench in my garage... I kept it when I scrapped my old portable Harbor Freight winch, along with a bunch of the gears that were in there, just knowing I'd find a use for that stuff someday. Hmm... that motor should be pretty torquey...

-- Travis

trails!!! :wq!

Reply to
travis

If they can pull the kinds of weights they do, I'm sure they can crawl!

Mike

98 TJ SE
Reply to
GzrGlide

Or perhaps,

Lon Stowell

Yeah, now that's what I'm talking about! Thanks!

Reply to
Cal Wheeler

2nd response:

Of course, putting the snorkelization and fording capabilities to the test might interfere with the whole plan...

Brain gears clanking...

google: "Waterproof underwater 12v cameras..."

Reply to
Cal Wheeler

I wanna see videos when they're available. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Reply to
Nathan Otis

"Jaqucal Wheelsteau's Amazing Underwater Off-Road Adventures!"

Reply to
Cal Wheeler

I modded up a T-Maxx with a Bombardier ATV body. Those things haul ass, and really soak up the bumps, Baja style, and land like cats.

They have an automatic transmission. I think that, stock, they are geared way more for high speed travel rather than low speed/hi torque crawling.

Maybe someone makes, or will make, an add-on servo-driven Tera-Low mini T-case!

Reply to
Cal Wheeler