Porsche Boxter in heavy traffic

Is it hard to drive a 2007 Porsche Boxter in heavy Santa Monica traffic? I'm inquiring about the 6 speed manual version. I'm good at driving a car with a manual but every manual trasmission car is different. Is it difficult to inch along in heavy traffic with such a car? For example does it stall really easy. Is the clutch too sensitive or touchy? Or is it one of those cars where you don't have to touch the gas, just release the clutch and it will move forward without stalling? Or does the accelerator need to be carefully and methodically applied just enough while releasing the clutch, to go from a dead stop up to crawl speed.

Thanks in Advance. East-

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

wrote

The Boxster's clutch is quite nice. It's easier to manipulate than BMW clutches, or my previous NSX's clutch. Given that, the light weight of the Boxster along with the progressive take-up might allow engagement at idle on flat ground. There's not a lot of torque at idle, but light weight alleviates that condition.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

If you are going to ask about Porsches in this newsgroup, I'd suggest that you at least learn how to spell the model names!

It's "Boxster", not "Boxter" and (referring to your previous post), it's "Carrera", not "Carerra".

Reply to
Philip K

Well why all the low blows? Certainly Porsche owners would be a bit nicer and more tolerant I would think. But you on the other hand are extreamly condescending. Respect. If you can only learn some respect. It would go a long way.

Sincerely, East-

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Dude; You seriously need to take a chill pill. All he did was tell you to learn how to spell the names of the models you posted about. As for your original question, it's extremely specific to your particular needs and desires. How much clutch work do you consider too much? Exactly how much is required in Santa Monica? The question cannot be accurately answered without a great deal of specific information about you and your driving habits and the road conditions where you want to drive. Have you driven a standard transmission in the Santa Monica traffic before? What's your average commute time? Do you have a average commute or are you asking about general driving for supporting someone like a real estate agent or home health nurse that drives all during the day? Your question is just too open ended at this point.

Reply to
John Theune

i work for porcshe and love to spell incorrectly as this ticks nerds off, the boxster is an absolute fantastic car in all respects but would get a caymen if you can afford,better drives car.

Reply to
andyporcshe

No, I do not agree with the Caymen. When the name "Porsche" comes up is the first thing that comes to your mind a roadster or is it an SUV? See, there you go. The Roadster is what Porsche is all about. I feel it's wrong for Porsche to sell what really is just a re-badged VW.

East-

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Thought this might help:

...eck...SUV...

...mmmm...nice.....

Reply to
The Dead Senator

It's Cayman, not Caymen, and you are a troll. Now give your Daddy his computer back and go to bed.

Reply to
Philip K