Engine revs drop Help!

Fiat Ulysse with a 2 ltr 8 v peugeot engine multipoint fuel injection .

Revs started dropping on low speeds cornering etc and the engine dies.On restart will rev uip to 4000 no problem but sounds like very slight popping in the exhaust.The prblem sometimes clears and the car is perfectly ok and the suddenly it happens again , On an old fashioned carb engine I would diagnose fuel starvation / poss blockage etc.Can anyone say which sensor , there must be several I guess feeding the ecu, would be most likely at fault if that were the problem? How do I clean the system? Using redex but so far no change. Any info ideas please..so near Christmas getting into a dealer with a computer diagnostic service going to be quite tricky.

Thanks

Reply to
Capt T

I don't know anything about this particular engine, but on others when something like this happens it may be caused by an idle control valve. These can often be cleaned.

Reply to
DervMan

Can anyone tell me where I might find this idle control valve. what it looks like and how to clean it? Many thanks to DervMan for this suggestion. Capt T

Reply to
Capt T

You can see the Ka's ICV on my website in the Endura-E bit.

To clean it, take it apart, use something like petrol to clean it, grin, then put it back together - making sure the seals are still in good condition.

Reply to
DervMan