'v' diesel corsa, engine restricted??

My 'V' 1.7 diesel Corsa (60k) lacks power and gets 30-35mpg urban, 40-45 motorway. It's an ex fleet car so I'm wondering if some form of engine restriction could be the cause.. I've checked the entire fuel line for inline devices with no luck, can anyone help..??

Reply to
jonarmstrong

I have same car (S-plate)

I get around 550 - 600Miles per tank, whatever that equates to

(400-500 if i drive enthusistically)

For lack distinct lack of urgency?

Mine is desperatly slow, and underpowered for what it is,

I have tried all sorts, and the only thing that would make it go faster, more urgently would be a turbo and or a stick of dynamite!

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

jonarmstrong ( snipped-for-privacy@nunyabusiness.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Umm, yes, it's a diseasel Coarser.

It may just need a damn good thrape, or a damn good service.

Very unlikely.

Reply to
Adrian

Check the exhaust back box. They can block up, this reduces performance dramatically and increases fuel consumption. Dave

Reply to
Dave Spam

I'll have a look at the back box.. cheers Dave..

Thanks for all reply's.

Reply to
jonarmstrong