Expereience and tipos on Renault F7P engine Head removal???

Does anyone have any tips and helpful hints on removal of the Cylinder head from a 1991 Renault 19 16v 1.8litre engine?

I've got most of the stuff off but 2 things I am still stuck on are getting the outer sprocket wheel off the crankshaft so I can remove the cam belt(can this be done without locking the flywheel with a screw driver at all??)

and 2 the Draper socket set I have has a 17mm socket which fits the outer two headbolts but is fouled by part of the head access holes on the remaining headbolts, do I just force it through or do I have to buy a slim socket to get in at the bl00dy things on it?,

Also how do I unbolt the inlet and exhaust manifolds from the head as I imagine it will be far too heavy for one person to lift with both manifolds on, can this be done in car or is it easier to get a helping hand to get them out, then remove them as I will have to take them off anyway I think so the head can be skimmed true again after the HG went on it the other day :(

Thanks for any help anyone can render me, Will

Reply to
Will