22R Head Removal

I'm Trying to remove the head off a 22R. I'm looking for the tensioner, but can't seem to locate it. Do I need special tools to remove the head?

TIA

JW

Reply to
Joseph Wind

Ten 17mm head bolts and a one 12mm bolt under the distributor gear, one or two on back of head holding the heater lines. Will usually pull right off. to get to the tensioner you will have to take off the timing cover as well.

-FROST-

Reply to
frost203