Extra 40-60 bhp from diesel cars?

The message from "Will Reeve" contains these words:

It's one of the things I used to teach learners. Used to have a session where the game was to travel for 15 minutes without coming to a complete stop[1] which isn't easy round Watford. Didn't harf make 'em look well ahead and consider approach speed.

[1] Though of course I always included at least one junction with a STOP sign to make sure they were awake.
Reply to
Guy King

It's those who are used to driving without power to spare - truck drivers, cyclists, and 1.1 Escort owners - who seem to do this best, naturally. :-)

R.

Reply to
Richard

The message from Richard contains these words:

I used to dread learners who'd never ridden a bike. They were generally clueless.

The very worst were lawyers - they seemed to think there was always a right way and a wrong way, and couldn't accept that there's more than one way of skinning a cat.

Reply to
Guy King

Strangely enough I also ride like this on the motorbike, although it usually results in regularly siezed brakes. That certainly has horses to spare.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt