Fiat 2.8 JTD Question...

Hi Guys

What will happen upon reconnection if you disconnect the battery on a

2004 Fiat 2.8JTD diesel van (to do some MIG welding)?

Will it work normally again? Or will the engine mgt system request emergency codes?

Cheers!

Reply to
Mr X

I've replaced the battery on mine with no probs.

Rgds

Andy R

Reply to
Andy_R

In article , Andy_R writes

Thank you!

I was just wondering (and hoping), as the manual says I have to go to a Fiat dealer for emergency codes....

Reply to
Mr X

Can you do the welding in the time it would take you to change the battery? 'Cos, I'm thinking it might be OK disconnected for a /little/ while, but not quite as long as three seconds less than it takes to do the welding.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Morton

In article , Andrew Morton writes

No! Not that fast!

I don't know how long the other Andrew had his disconnected for....

Reply to
Mr X

In article , Peter & Andrea writes

Thanks for that. Apart from the engine mgt unit asking for emergency codes if it thinks it's been fiddled with, the mgt unit also stores the codes of the RFID IC in the ignition keys (they have to be "registered" to that vehicle in order to work at all).

I'll have to ring the dealer's service department...

Reply to
Mr X