Fiesta V 1/2 Very wet interior

My mates Fiesta facelift mkV has become very wet inside. The windscreen has water droplets on it all the time.

Last week I changed the O2 sensor in the rain and there was water streaming down the engine bay bulkhead on passenger side at 2 places about 20cm apart. I think this dampness in the engine bay may be what made the O2 sensor fail - it's only 3 or 4 years old.

I assume some drain in the scuttle is blocked. How do I get to it/them? I can't see what's securing the plastic scuttle trim.

Reply to
Peter Hill

I have a 2003 Fiesta, but have never been able to establish whether it's Mk 5 or 6 (eBay listings can be ambiguous on this point :-)). Anyway, I had a similar problem with the long grill at the bottom of the windscreen. There are some plastic push-in rivet-type retainers that you lift the round heads out of. The problem was simply that the seal (which was originally something like draught excluder) had perished - I replaced it with silicone sealer, and it's been okay since.

The inside of mine also got very damp - in fact the spare wheel well started to fill up with water. It took me ages to find that it was coming from another perished seal - this time around one of the rear light units. It's been dry since I replaced that (again with silicone).

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

He recently had to replace a wing mirror and they initially sent one a MK 6 and not a late MK 5. They had the reg number.

Thanks, worth a look and check.

Rear lights have been off and on a few times this year to replace bulbs and repair the stamped sheet "wiring" that had pulled off the plastic "rivets/pins".

Reply to
Peter Hill