Ford Escort intermittent wiper relay.....

Hi2All,

P reg Escort 1.3 hatchback

I just replacd the multifunction switch on the steering column, as the old one was giving me lighting problems. Whilst I was at it, I bought on ebay a used 6 speed delay wipe version with the appropriate relay.

Everything works OK, except for the wiper delay. With the new 5 pin relay the wipers work, but the delay wipe does nothing. When I put the old 4 pin relay in, then the delay wipe works, but only at one speed.

So, a couple of questions....

1) first obviously, is what I am trying todo doable... 2) any way to check if the new 6 speed relay is duff.... 3) could it be that that the wiring lacks the necessary wire(s) for the delay function. The Haynes manual wiring diagram is somewhat obtuse on this point.....

thanks in advance for any help cheers,

Reply to
Britt Turnbull