Ford Fiesta Colour

I have a Ford Fiesta Fusion 1997 Just purchased for my Daughter The colour is Silver, but the engine compartment is off white. I have checked all round the vehicle under the window rubbers the sill rubbers under the carpets all is Silver.Including the boot space apart from under the protective covering on the suspension pods. The joint of Silver to white is just off the top of the wings, no masking line just a very precise fine spray line no way done with a hand gun. Has this car been resprayed??? says Silver on V5

Thank you Dave

Reply to
David Keates

your find this a lot with manufactures, why spray the engine bay or boot compartment with the full colour when its rarely seen, unless your buying a Porsche or BMW ect.

Reply to
reg

Yes it has. They don't leave the factory 2 different colours.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Thanks for your reply I had just never seen it before, and Having spent my daughters hard earned cash for her I hoped I hadn't purchased a dud. Although I was thinking if this had been resprayed the car would have to be basically totally stripped of all glass etc,

Reply to
David Keates

Silver.Including

im sorry but i beg to differ, ive seen plenty come through our workshops with the engine bay not fully coloured up.

Reply to
reg

Silver.Including

section from fiesta rs turbo site " Under the bonnet the panels should be the same colour on mk3s, and matt black on mk3.5s. Ford stopped spraying the engine bays on these models to cut costs.........."

this also applies to most fiesta's and not just confined to fords as i said earlier.

the whole article can be found here

reg

Reply to
David Keates

This would seem to suggest that the engine compartment should be either silver or matt black, not off white.

Perhaps if you post the paint code found on a plate under the bonnet, someone here will know what the code is.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

I replied in the Ford newsgroup...

Just to add that just because something has been resprayed it doesn't mean it's a fault.

Reply to
DervMan

Ford don't paint engine bays because they are cheapskates. It is nothing to worry about apart from the fact it will eventually fall to bits from rust as it's not properly protected.

Reply to
gazzafield

Actually yes, they did this on the Fiestas, and a few other brands do this too on their lower range models.

It's called 'getting what you paid for'.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Reply to
David Keates

shazzbat ( snipped-for-privacy@spamlessness.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Is it "off white", or is it silver but without the lacquer?

Is it a case of the "matt black" is the undercoat but a silver car would use an off white undercoat to avoid showthrough?

Is it a case of that being the RS Turbo website, but this is a normal Fester, p'raps built in a different factory?

Reply to
Adrian

Reply to
David Keates

My BMW has the bits 'not on show' only sprayed in base coat, ie no lacquer. Seems penny pinching to me. And a leak from the screen washer motor took the paint right off and surface rust started.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Had a new Silver Escort in 1998 and it was exactly the same (and I worried about it at first as well!). It must be the undercoat colour for the Silver.

Reply to
John W

Reply to
David Keates