Ford Focus UK 2017 Tyre pressure monitoring

Ford Focus UK 2017 1 litre petrol

I have a tyre pressure sensor that is very intermittent. The car is reporting that it cannot detect the sensor rather than reporting a low tyre pressure. I had this twice in the past week but the "fault" has always cleared with a further 5 minutes of driving.

Tyre pressures have been checked and all are OK.

I've used FORSCAN diagnostic tool to establish that the last warning occurred with sensor number 4 (of 4). More correctly sensor 4 shows a very large deviation from the values reported by the other 3 sensors.

Now the question is what wheel is associated with sensor 4? Is there a convention as to how the wheels are numbered for the purposes of diagnostics.

Reply to
alan_m

It doesn't have any clue. Depends on tyre rotation.

Try a "reset". Read the manual as its somewhere in the menu.

or maybe
If that doesn't fix it, fit the spare to each corner in turn and "hide" the wheel you removed. (tin foil hat?) If it then says 1,2, or 3 are faulty then wheel you hid isn't number 4.

Reply to
Peter Hill