Ford Ka over-Onrevving

In message , Peter Balcombe writes

Could be the idle control valve which needs cleaning (easy job) but more likely to be the Throttle Position Sensor which is playing up. The TPS itself is easy to change but on pre 2000 models the connector and its loom needs to be changed.

My wife's Ka does the same occasionally, especially in warm weather. I've cleaned the idle control valve a couple of times but it hasn't improved things.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

My wife has complained that her S reg Ford Ka is prone to occasional over-revving (note this is when fully warmed not when first started) . I took it out today but could not replicate the symptoms. I vaguely recall that before I got her the car I read something about this symptom in Ford Kas please can someone enlighten me?

Ppeter

Reply to
Peter Balcombe

Thank you - and yes the trouble with my wife's car has only appeared recently in the very hot weather. Although an S reg the car has only done

22,000 miles.
Reply to
Peter Balcombe

Curious; we've had a few of the little guys reporting this, but only the earlier machines with the MAF inside the airbox.

Kermit is of a later design, and we've had no problems.

One ex-Ford technician told me that the engines occasionally run at a higher engine speed to ensure there's no petrol vapourisation, but, erm, well I wasn't convinced...

I'll continue to investigate...

Reply to
DervMan