bonnet catch not closing properly

Hi all,

My Fiat Punto has a problem with the bonnet catch.

When I lower it it will not close properly. I mean the bonnet will go down but it will stay a bit lose as the catch does not seem to move.

Basically it's at the same stage when you have pulled the lever inside the car and before you move the little mechanism under the bonnet. There is some slack between the bonnet and the car.

This explanation is not very clear I know but I was wondering what could the problem be. I think it may be the spring in the cath mechanism that does not move.

Any ideas?

thks

Reply to
Stefano

try lubricating the catch assembly, if it is all nice and oily and still doesn't work then it may need adjustment

Reply to
mrcheerful

I'd start by lubricating the catch & cable and seeing what's sticking.

Reply to
TTT