ford Ka rear wipers

my rear wipers have packed up. power is going through the switch & wiper motor tested ok. any body else had this problem.

Reply to
toaduk

In message , toaduk writes

The wiper motor earths through the tailgate hinge pins and these corrode, losing conductivity. Knock the hinge pins out one at a time and clean them up. Some people have been know to wire in a hard earth but in my experience you only need to clean the hinge pins once every 3-4 years which isn't too much of a chore.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Hard earth, here, on a Ka3, two self tappers - one into the boot by the hinge, on into the inner skin of the roof (from memory, from 2 years ago), and a bit of flex and a couple of round crimps.

(Agree with reply, though - dodgy earth)

Reply to
Mike Dodd