Ford Mondeo MK4 radio aerial

Hello,

Does anyone know how to fit a new FM radio aerial to a mk4 Mondeo? (I understand cars with DAB or satnavs have different aerials).

I finally managed to find a secondhand aerial and base at a reasonable cost (Ford have redesigned it, so I would need a new cable making the job bigger with a new one).

The Haynes manual is useless, it claims you need to remove all of the ceiling and tells you not to attempt it!

There are videos on youtube of mk3 Mondeos replacing aerials by removing the ceiling light but I can't find a video about a mk4.

I did prise around the plastic unit that houses the light, sunglasses holder, etc. and I managed to loosen the end nearest the driver, furthest from the windscreen, but I cannot work out how to loosen the windscreen end.

Has anyone done this before or got any ideas?

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen