ford transit

Reply to
warren via CarKB.com

My reply from last night seems to of went AWOL.

A possibility is that the new injector is wrong. There are different calibrated injectors for these engines, and it could be that you've got the wrong one. If you swap the injector for another cylinder, see if the misfire moves (if misfire apparent at idle, just crack off the injector pipes and see if misfire changes or not). If the misfire moves, then the injector is the problem, if it stays put, then the cylinder is the problem.

It's the last thing I can think of checking before removing the cylinder head to check for mechanical damage.

Reply to
M Cuthill

tommorow and then 4 new injectors next week

Reply to
warren via CarKB.com

Don't think you'll solve any misfire by altering pump/cam timing.

4 "new" injectors - ouch. I would strongly recommend you do what M Cuthill has suggested. Namely find which injector has the misfire; by slackening off the injector pipe unions one at a time and see which has the least effect when the engine is misfiring. Then swap the offending injector with one of the others and see if the misfire moves.
Reply to
Fred

The exhuast running from the pot that isnt fireing will be alot cooler too.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..