Ford Fiesta 05 breakdown

Hello,

I purchased a Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec petrol at auction in April, the car is 14 months old. Last week I had to call the RAC out to come and look at it when it had broken down, the very nice gentleman described that I had a broken spring which had wedged onto the front right wheel. The RAC couldn't do anything by the road so I have been towed to a ford dealer and am booked in for repair. As you maybe able to tell I have little machanical knowledge and do not want to be "ripped off". I was advised by the driver of the tow truck to try and get this done under warranty (which expired 2 months ago) - and "kick up a fuss" as this shouldn't happen after such a short space of time.

I would very much appreciate any comments or advice on what angle to take with the garage, also anyone who could suggest how much money I should expect to have to spend on this.

Thanks

Kate

Reply to
Kate

At 14 months old it will still be under warranty, so long as it has the appropriate service history. You may have to approach the original dealer who sold the car, though, as I'm not sure if the Ford warranty is from Ford themselves or the dealer once it's over 12 months old.

Reply to
SteveH

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help. The ford garage replaced the spring and the tyre at no cost in the end - and I didn't even have to put up a fight!

Thanks again Kate

Reply to
Kate