Fuel Injection Car (hyundai coupe) really hard to start, runs fine once started

've got a Hyundai Coupe which is a 2.0 fuel injection jobby. Problem is that recently it just will not start for ages, it takes me at least a
minute to get it running but once its going its as sweet as ever.
I've changed the plugs which resolved the problem for a couple of days but now its doing it again.
I think it may be something to do with the second accelerator cable which goes into a box fo some description and I'm guessing is controlled by the engine management system.
any info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Tim

Has this problem come about or has it always been there?
if plug changing cured it then probably it is a spark fault. A new plug can fire on a lower voltage, once running you don't need such a strong spark and the warm plug fires on a lower voltage too.
first check should be spark voltage, if low then that should be checked and the problem located. if not low then I would try and find what makes it start, for instance has it got a vacuum leak which can be counteracted by a richer mixture.
the second accelerator cable is probably from a cruise control , if not then there are other possibles.
mrcheerful
It does have cruise con so that would explain the seconde cable, cant believe I didn't think of that.
the problem did happen all of a sudden
The temp sensor sounds like a plan as after trying to start for a minute or so it does start i.e. when the engine is warmer. Would also explain why it fires up straight away when the engine is hot.
i wish haynes would hurry up and release a manual for the car :(

First have the coolant temp sensor checked. Sounds like its not actually telling the ECU the engine is cold, so its fuelling for a hot motor.
Tim..