Halfords. ;-)

Bought some stainless steel wheel nuts for the SD1 and the instructions recommended a hex socket - AF, of course. So had a look at my local Halfords - I'd have to go quite a distance for a proper tool shop. All the decent tools are under lock and key, and while looking through the glass an assistant arrived and opened it up. Not a youngster - probably 30+. Of course all they had was metric sockets, but thought I'd try them just in case. 22mm hex for an impact driver was too small and 24mm - the next 'preferred' size - too large.

But the assistant plainly had never heard of anything other than metric sizes, and didn't know the difference between bi-hex, hex and 'sides' drive.

I'll probably just use my AF bi-hex as I'm not going for concours. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Have you got any piccies of it Dave?

Reply to
Conor

You want pictures of an AF bi-hex socket?! You're a sad man, Conor.

Reply to
gazzafield

LOL

Reply to
Coyoteboy

gazzafield (rufty_tufty snipped-for-privacy@nospam.saysI.ko) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, he misread - he wants piccies of bi sex.

Reply to
Adrian

How can I? I'm about to part with money.

Reply to
Conor

Are you from Yorkshire or something?

Reply to
gazzafield

He can't be, he's going to spend it.

UTB,

Reply to
James Dore

Very true, silly me.

Reply to
gazzafield

Yep. East Yorks. Rural farming community too so it's at least twice as bad as it is for most people except the Scots.

Reply to
Conor

ITYF you'll find that the legend that we Scots are tight is but a myth. My wife is from Yorkshire and so, obviously, is my mother-in-law and I have never known such tight fisted people in my life. I have been training my wife to lighten up a bit.

Reply to
gazzafield

I wish my missus would spend less, she's a Yorkshire lass through and through but spends money like water :(

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

My old boss was from Scotland. His brother ran a hotel up there.

When he had to go up there for a work meeting he stayed with his brother. At the time 'expenses' were done on a fixed rate per night. His brother found out what the rate was and charged him a 'discount' rate of that plus £10.

Reply to
PC Paul

I scare my scottish friends - I'm freer with the cash than they either are, or would ever want to be.

Reply to
Paul Cummins

Definitely. I remember once spending a week delivering gravestones to undertakers around the Glasgow/Edinburgh corridor. Virtually every single one of them gave me a tip. No wonder the drivers never left their jobs.

Reply to
Conor

: You want pictures of an AF bi-hex socket?! You're a sad man, Conor.

I think we should applaud Conor for being in touch with his bihexual nature. Kinsey would have been proud.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

Its a well know fact that Yorkshire is the place where all the Scots go, when they have been kicked out of Scotland for being too tight.

Reply to
SimonJ