help urgent

OK, although that doesnt mean the leads arent faulty, or the dizzy cap / rotor arm. But you dont describe what the "cut" feels like - is it instantaneous, stuttering.... you're making it very hard to help you.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Does sound like a bottle of redex may be a start though

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Ah don't give it some wellie!

Reply to
Lager and chips

it's only a little bit of a welliethe car just cuts couple of seconds my m8 said it might be the carb or the fuel lines

Reply to
micra89-90 via CarKB.com

it's only a little bit of a welliethe car just cuts couple of seconds my m8 said it might be the carb or the fuel lines and he said to chuck a lil bit of red-ex down the carb

Reply to
micra89-90 via CarKB.com

No not Red-Ex. That's the last thing to use. Get a bottle of Hydrochloric acid and empty that in the air intake. Run the block for 5 minutes after that. problems solved!

Reply to
Lager and chips

how much do a bottle of Hydrochloric acid cost

Reply to
micra89-90 via CarKB.com

Don't take him seriously :)

If you're sure you're getting fuel through to the carb and sure you're getting a spark the only thing left that it can be is the carb, if you're not capable of diagosing it you probably arent capable of stripping the carb down to clean it so your best bet is a dose of injector/carb cleaners from your local motor factors (not halfords, they know nothing collectively). Or, of course, take it to your local garage and ask them to view it and quote you on repair.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

the car was stood up 4 a few years but started fine let idle for an hour it was fine.Until i put my foot down to give it abit more push but then died

Reply to
micra89-90 via CarKB.com

have you put FRESH petrol in? 4 year old fuel will have gone off, in addition old fuel gums up jets in the carb. Fill it with fresh juice and add a fuel additive such as 'De-Tox' (which seems to actually do something)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

yea put 10 pound in the car but i'm tryin to get full tank 1st

Reply to
micra89-90 via CarKB.com