high risk and completely different skill set

Most cars with a conventional engine, you can fool about relatively safely, try things out and get somewhere.

These electric things seen somewhat less forgiving for that approach, in both complication and safety.

CAN WE FIX THIS NON RUNNER ELECTRIC HYBRID HEV INFINITI ???

hmmm....

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

'Safely' involving heavy metal, sparks and explosive liquids. However people learn how to manage those risks - how to avoid a car falling on your head. This is just a different, less familiar, kind.

It's more or less the precautions you take with mains electricity combined with the precautions you take with petrol cars. Although DC is more dangerous than domestic AC, hence the gloves.

A lot of the time you're poking around things which aren't actually live, and that's less dangerous. If the 12V and orange service plug grip are removed, all the HVDC is contained within the battery and you can work on parts outside it.

(I like his Bluetooth multimeter though, might be worth investing in one :-)

I'm doing almost a similar job at the moment. A/C doesn't work. Is it the electric compressor or the inverter?

I think I'm just going to replace one or the other and see - and not try to scope out the high voltage three phase drive (although I suppose I could try current transformers...). Neither of them are really user repairable so not much to be gained doing a component level service, and they're £50-100 from scrappies.

Theo

Reply to
Theo