home servicing records

I do all my servicing my self at home,

Recently in an accident, and the insurance co want vehicle service records to confirm i kept the vehicle in good condition, i kept simple lists of what needed replacing, and i have the reciepts somewhere for all the bit's i've bought over the years, most of them are just credit card reciepts now tho.

Insurance co seem happy with my ability to perform services to my own vehicles, so that's hopefully not a problem,

But for the future i want to keep detailed service records of all my vehicles.

Basicaly i need a vehicle service check sheet type form, been searching all day and not found any suitable, only ones are american, and are set up for petrol engined cars.

I read somewhere a while ago someone has a DIY servicing sheet/check list on-line somewhere, for anyone to print off and use to keep a record of what's checked, adjusted or replaced on their vehicles when they service them at home.

Anyone know of this, or similar.

I'm going to have to modify it, so may end up making my own up, but a form that can be modified to suit the specific vehicle would be great.. excell format i guess.

My main vehicle is a diesel motorhome, so half the items on a car service don't apply, so i want to customize a service check sheet to suit my vehicle and the way i do servicing..

i.e check everything, and record any adjustments made, i have things like 2 alternators, 2 fuel tanks and the associated solenoids, underslung water tanks and a gas tank, solar panels and a sat dish mounted on the foor (check them for security) an onboard generator.. so i'd want a little part on the form for checks to that.. i.e power output - voltage, frequancy, engine - valves, carb adjustments, governer adjustments etc,

i tow my bike on a monocle lift fitted to the back of the van (a sinlge wheel version of a recovery vehicles spectacle lift :) so a bit on the form for checking that's all secure and safe,

Anyone point me to a suitable form on-line that can be edited, or even if not, and home servicing type forms, that i can use for ideas of exactly what to put down when tailoring it to my vehicle.

Also got a motorbike, so a service form for that would be handy too.

Reply to
CampinGazz

How about making up one yourself? If you have something like MS Office installed you can play with Excel/Access. It will keep you out of trouble now the nights are drawing in. ;-)

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Well, now, hold on. Surely you know what you do to the vehicle and you have access to a computer, so use something on the computer.

At its most basic, you can use an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of the odometer reading and the date, what you've done and if you want to scare yourself, how much it cost. Put everything on there and you'll be able to sort in date order, cost, or machine.

If you so felt inclined you could add one entry for what you checked or lots of columns for all of the stuff you'd check, then mark when you've done it.

I'll knock something very, very quick up if you need a hand? I have something similar myself, except I pay somebody to do most things for me. ;)

Reply to
DervMan