how much brake fluid?

Hi,

How much brake fluid will I need to do a complete drain and refill on a Nissan Micra? It's a 1997 K11 model if that makes a difference?

Cheers

Reply to
bodge boy

How long is a piece of string? Depends how long it takes to bleed the system.

Reply to
gazzafield

OK then, roughly how much brake fluid should I buy? I don't want to run out halfway through (obviously) but I don't want loads left over. Will a litre be enough? Two litres?

Reply to
bodge boy

Buy a litre. That should be loads, but have some means to get more should they be a sod to get all the air out of them.

Reply to
gazzafield

"gazzafield" wrote in news:ccWdnWxCOf snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net:

A litre was more than enough to bleed my ZX 1.9 brake system.

Reply to
Tunku

Cheers guys :D

Reply to
bodge boy

As the others have said, a litre is plenty. But unless you're also changing components, don't drain and refill the system. Suck out as much as you can from the reservoir with a bit of tube, then refill it. It will then be a simple matter to bleed through the system (keeping the reservoir topped up) till the new clear fluid comes through.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

I presume you are trying to replace the fluid.

Do not drain and refill. Keep adding and removing fluid from the brake nipples. You will see the clean fluid come through.

Charles

Reply to
Charles C.