How to prevent petrol being put into diesel car by mistake?

I've driven so much different stuff in the past that whenever I fill up anything I quickly pause to think "what fuel" before doing the deed of filling the tank. Works for me.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I am concerned that it could all be too easily to accidentally

Fuelguard Ltd, Wirral. Tel: 0151 342 9072. £14.69 inc p&p. Small box that sits in the fuel cap recess. Open the filler flap and light sensitive switch trips, to sound of (with American accent) "This vehicle runs on diesel fuel. Diesel fuel only. Commence filling-Diesel fuel only". Based on the same tech as those singing birthday cards. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

AstraVanMan wrote on Fri, 26 Aug 2005

15:58:00 GMT:

Generally I double check what I'm putting in before driving because I don't want to accidentaly pay Xp/l more for "Super Uber Premium Mega Unleaded" vs standard fuel...

Though if I ever get a diesel I'll probably pick up the Super Unleaded pump, look at it, put it down, then fill up with Premium Unleaded...

Reply to
David Taylor

There is no such thing as a foolproof device. There are a hell of a lot of "clever" fools out there.

/John

Reply to
John Kenyon

Without stirring up an old argument, presumably you swerved around the other vehicle rather than stopped in time - ABS doesn't help you stop on almost all road going cars. If anything it hinders your stopping abilities because they're biased for steering control rather than braking, which means the brakes are off more than they could be for ultimate stopping power.

Reply to
DervMan

Heh, it must have been big news, we heard about it in Aberdeen!

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne