how to remove a clifford alarm

Hi all

I had a accident in my E34 BMW earlier, i think its wrote off, i hit the kerb at about 20, smashed a alloy, bent susp, so i guess thats a new steering arm and all the rest....the wheel is at 45 deg....

I was going around a round about in the wet when it suddenly pulled and understeered, traffic cops found a huge nail sticking out so they said no probs, wasnt speeding etc. The nail wasnt there a hour before. (and before anyone thinks i was in the wrong, i have used that round about a trillion times, and its one of those huge ones so i have been round faster in the wet than i was this time) Until i saw the nail i thought i had hit diesel, which i have before..

The car has a top of the range (so i was told) Clifford alarm, is it possible to removed and fit to a new car? I guess maybe its one of those official fitter jobs. but is it worth doing?

I paid 600 quid for the car, and i was due to drive to Germany in a month, so on the look out for a Diesel BMW, like a 525......

If anyone is here from Sheffield, look out for a 3.5 wheeled Black beemer on the outside of the round about on Upwell St just before the bridge with the dip.

Reply to
Jules

You're right in the fact it's an official fitter job. You could remove it, but you'd have to work out what each wire is connected to, and then label it accordingly. All the wires are black, so you'd have to ensure that you label them well.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Reply to
Porkch Ease

I wouldnt mind paying a hundred quid ( i think i could stretch to that at a push), but it had imob as well, as i found out when i parked at a steep angle sideays in a car park, i think the sensers thought someone was jacking the car up and the alarm and imob kicked it....

I know the manuals says they refund the cost of the alarm if the car is stolen..

Infact the alarm cost almost as much as i paid for the car. Ok it had done

170k and i had done 2k in 2 month but it was sweet, last week i replaced the water pump and other bits ready for my trip. feel a bit of a prat now.

Never had a BMW, infact never had a car that wasnt a 70's car apart from a very short time so i got to like the power steering ,leccy windows etc etc.

Reply to
Jules