Idle control valve on 2.5 Vectra

Hi all,

This relates to my 1997 Vectra 2.5 V6 SRi.

After cleaning the idle control valve on my car, it ran better for about a minute then went beck to rough idling at best and stalling at worst. I have cleaned the throttle butterflies etc.

It has also been shown as faulty by the diagnostics when they plugged it in, so I guess it needs replacing. Is there anywhere that I can get one for a reasonable price? Vauxhall want £196 + VAT!

I think it's Bosch part 0280140577 but need to confirm that.

I am happy to consider breakers, but tried a few and no luck - any Vauxhall-specific ones about? And does anyone know if this part is also used on 2.5 V6 Mondeos etc?

Antony

Reply to
antgel

Try autovaux on

Tel 01924 376 003

Based in wakefield they do mail order

if you cant find it on the website call them and ask them...

The only thing I haven't been able to get from them is a fuel pump damper...

Incidentally I no longer need this... anyone want to make me an offer for it? its from a Corsa 1.7D S-Plate

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

The ICV on my Cavalier gummed up, 2 yrs after getting a new one it started to get bad again (stalling when hot), switched to Optimax fuel instead of Tesco's, problem cleared up in a week and has never returned.

Reply to
PM

HOW MUCH??? Last one I fitted was definatly under the £100 mark. Used to be a very common fault, along with the stainless EGR pipe down the back that used to fail, and cause them to cough and splutter when cold.

Not a chance

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Yep, got it from them, £104 + VAT. Still a lot for a small part but nearly half Vauxhall price.

Reply to
antgel

I got it from Autovaux for £104 + VAT (see other post). The car idles like a POS whether hot or cold - hopefully this will do something to help. I would expect so as cleaning it helped for a few days.

Reply to
antgel