Inertia unit emits burning smell?

In a moment of anger (I won't go into details...ahem!), the drivers side door on my Polo was slammed shut quite hard. Just after this happened, there was an odd, burning smell inside the car (no, not rage) and the seat belt reel appears to have locked. I understand these units use some kind of gas to lock the belt in an accident, and was wondering if that burning smell was the gas in question. The other 'burning' question here would be are these units expensive to get repaired? I expect the worst seeing as how I had to fork out for a new clutch and water pump last month!

Cheers

- steve steveevans org

-
Reply to
Steve Evans

There's no repair. It's a replacement. Hours labour plus parts.

Reply to
Conor