Is this an MOT fail ?

Afternoon :)

I had a flat tyre not long ago and there was a no franchise tyre fitting place not far away and managed to get the car there. He jack it up on what he called the subframe but aparantly from just having it serviced at VW they said under it is my fuel lines. He has caused it to cave in a little but not break it.

This is on my MK4 golf 2003. The bit he's caved in is a long recangular box type shape.

The cars in good condition and going for its MOT next week and was wondering what I should do about this.

It was the VW people that brought it to my attention to say it wasn't them, and its where the guy jacked up on, there was a weird noise when which I thought was just the sound of the car going up.

So just wondering if anyone knows if this is a MOT fail and what sort of money it will cost to repair.

Thanks

Reply to
Petesmad

That would be impossible to tell without seeing the damage. In all probability it will not cause an MoT fail, BUT........

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Get them to pay for a repair of it. A decent repair!

Reply to
graydoe

Afternoon :)

Exactly, and if they get stroppy remember quite a few Motor Insurance Policies and Home Insurance policies have Legal "Cover" so It won't cost you a penny

Reply to
Tommy

They probably don't have a convenient time machine so that you can prove it was them though.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The won't pay a penny. I contacted them when VW told me and they more or less said tough.

Reply to
Petesmad

Is it a TDI?

If so, that sounds like the 'diesel cooler' (it cools the excess diesel returned from the engine bay before it gets dumped back in the tank).

Unless it's leaking, it shouldn't cause you any problems.

I ripped mine off going through a waterlogged road ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Romeo'

Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200 - Alfa 75 TSpark

Hi, yeah steves right sounds like the diesel cooler but if its bent and not broke then it should pass an MOT no problem as it does not constitute as a mechanical failure hope this helps Clive ..

Reply to
Clive 1974