Peugeot 106 Independence Water Leak

I have a peugeot 106 Independence, 1997 reg. Recently I have been losing water from the radiator and at first thought it was the head gasket. Took to local garage who could not find any problem apart from the connection for the fan may have corroded but it came on once nudged and still comes on now, the leak then stopped.

However it's started again, after one drive where the heating wouldn't kick in unless I was driving at speed, (doesn't seem to be a heater problem now though). Since then the leak is back with a vengeance and I'm topping it up every day (around 1/2 a litre of water). It seems to be leaking front left under engine. A friend suggested water pump might be dodgy, so took it to local garage again but it wouldn't bloody leak! Now I have no idea what to do!?

Reply to
jpmauctions

================================== One possibility.

Look at the expansion tank inlet hose. This is the hose closer to the back of the expansion tank. Trace this hose to where it emerges from the engine block and feel for a leak there - may need a cool engine to check. On some models the outlet from the block is a mild steel tube pressed into the block. It rusts and then leaks.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Cheers mate, will check this when it stops throwing it down. However, could you let me know where I will find this, I know nothing about engines.

Reply to
jpmauctions

----------------------------------------------------- Stand in front of the car (facing engine) and run your left hand along the wing until it touches a water container with two hoses attached. This is the expansion tank. Follow my earlier suggestion but be aware that there may only be a slight dampness at the suggested leak point - or nothing if that isn't the source of the leak.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero