L322 vanos

Does anyone know what it might cost to rebuild the variable valve timing unit (vanos) on a 4.4 BMW V8 in an L322 range Rover?

AJH

Reply to
AJH

mrcheerful.nm

Thanks, as they are >250 miles away I'll need to find somone in NW Surrey to fit it.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Have you tried the forums? For example

Is quite irreverent and rude, but can be helpful. Ignore the people who suggest setting fire to it being the cheap way out.

There are others.

Reply to
Bill

Yes thanks I've read as many relevant threads as I can and seen some videos.

My first step is to swap the cam position sensors to see if one is faulty. If not Ill take the cam covers off and see what shape the tensioner is in, if that is intact I'll be looking at a set of tools to lock the camshafts.

The general opinion seems to be that its fiddly but doable and 115k miles is not much for this engine .

A more technically competent mate has offered to lead on this when he gets home from working abroad.

AJH

Reply to
AJH