Leaking shocker..

Just noticed my Escort Si that has been standing on the drive the last two hours has a wet patch of fluid under the rear off-side wheel/suspension. This appears to be a leaky shocker. I really can't take a day off work and get it fixed for another week. I only need to do 30-40mph journeys of around 10 miles a day over that period am I likely to be OK? I guess some people wouldn't even notice and it only passed it's MOT a month ago.

Is it best practice to change both? Anything to look out for, i.e. get Motorcraft or ask for some Koni's or something?

Reply to
Brownie

If its only leaking a bit, than I'd still drive it myself(but dont go rallying or taking corners at 75mph).Test it by pushing down on the corner of the car where it is leaking.If it is like a pogo stick, then it is well gone, and needs changing asap.If it comes straight up without much/any bouncing, then it still has some damping in it.

Yes change both.Shocks are not particularly expensive, so theres no excuse not to do them.Worn shocks give poor handling,and longer stopping distances, so it does pay to change them. Alan.

Reply to
A Lee

Twas Wed, 6 Aug 2003 19:59:50 +0100 when "Brownie" put finger to keyboard producing:

Probably be fine, always change in axle sets.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mr.niceATsofthome.nethttp://community.webshots.com/user/mrnice106___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.