W Reg 306 HDi DTurbo outside temperature

Hi,

The temperature displayed is about 5 degrees Celsius higher than actual. Although it doesn't appear to cause any issues with the car I did wonder if this temperature is used by the ECU? Has anybody had experience of this problem and does anybody know where the sensor is located? On previous cars I have always found them just behind the grille. I've searched several times to find it with no luck.

Here's hoping, Lenny

Reply to
LennyK

On my 406 mine reads high as well. Can't say I've noticed any issues. On the

406 it is on the left hand side mirror underneath. You should see a little bump. It'll be a right swine to get at.
Reply to
malc

Successfully changed it on my 406 a few months ago, with only minimal bodging required, so it can be done :-)

- Pete

Reply to
Peter Narramore

My bodging mojo is low at the moment. The car passed the MOT with nothing wrong not even a cautionary (first time ever I think). Then trying to get a leaking oil pipe union off the motorbike I undo a nut which seems to have welded itself to the aluminium pipe which twists and then splits. Some swine appears to have lacquered the two together.

Reply to
malc

Thanks Malc and Peter,

It is on the left hand mirror. The mirror is off and I'm going to take a look now.

Reply to
LennyK