Looking for a Fulmen FX22 battery

Hi Folks,

I think I need to replace the battery on my oh-so-chic beige Rialto. It took a hell of a lot of finding last time, because the battery which is normally listed for the Robin and Rialto doesn't fit mine: the battery tray is deep and moulded in fibreglass, so no oversize battery will fit.

Eventually a dealer found a Fulmen FX22 which fitted, simply by looking through his store rooms and trying small betteries till he found one which fitted. A web search for "Fulmen FX22" finds nothing - does anyone know if this is still made, what the equivalent would be, if not and - most useful - what the original application of this battery was?

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

IIRC the original size one from a Citroen 2CV fits - my grandad had Regals, Rialtos and Robins both old and new and I'm sure we swapped the battery from my mum's 2CV over one one occasion.

Os

***
Reply to
Senor Osito

[...]

Thanks - I'll check that out. The one in my 2Cv certainly won't fit, but I think it may have been supersized!

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

: : IIRC the original size one from a Citroen 2CV fits - my grandad had Regals, : : Rialtos and Robins : : both old and new and I'm sure we swapped the battery from my mum's 2CV over : : one one occasion.

I've now checked, and no 2CV battery will fit. I think my Rialto 2 has a much smaller battery space than the Robin or the first Rialtos.

I remember the bloke from whom I bought the FX22 saying it was listed for "a small diesel car". Anyone have any bright ideas about what this might be?

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

Sorry for the duff info then :-)

The one I'm on about would have been a 1980 V- reg shape robin with the two big round lamps.. DVLA website says that very car is still going and registered today :-)

I'm half tempted to buy one, just for fun if I could track a reasonable one down..

Os

***
Reply to
Senor Osito

: The one I'm on about would have been a 1980 V- reg shape robin with the two : big round lamps.. DVLA website says that very car is still going and : registered today :-)

Yup, they had bigger battery 'oles. Unfortunately, most manufacturers' lists think all Robins and Rialtos take the same size - I think Reliant changed back after mine was built (1989), possibly because they realised they were being too restrictive.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

Might just be easiest to measure your old one and match it up here:

Lee

Reply to
Lee

: Might just be easiest to measure your old one and match it up here: :

Thanks very much indeed. From that it looks as if an 047 should fit, though it will be pretty tight!

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

"Ian Johnston" wrote in news:cCUlhtvFIYkV-pn2-

09g9vilZdxkL@localhost:

Only mention I can find is that Exide own Fulmen

Stuart Gray

: "Ian Johnston" wrote in news:cCUlhtvFIYkV-pn2- : 09g9vilZdxkL@localhost: : : > Fulmen FX22 : : Only mention I can find is that Exide own Fulmen

Sorry - I should have said that I knew that - it's on the battery. However it doesn't take me much forward, though I may try ringing them and asking what an FX22 was for and what fits the same thing nowadays.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

I found a reference to an FXB22 via Wayback machine on Exide's US site, which crosses to an 047. No FX22 in the current range though.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

: Ian Johnston wrote: : > On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 17:45:59 UTC, Lee : > wrote: : > : > : Might just be easiest to measure your old one and match it up here: : > :

> : > Thanks very much indeed. From that it looks as if an 047 should fit, : > though it will be pretty tight!

: I found a reference to an FXB22 via Wayback machine on Exide's US site, : which crosses to an 047. : No FX22 in the current range though.

Thanks - sounds as if the 047 is my baby then. If it doesn't work I can always use it in the Rebel, once the battery from that has gone back to the Herald.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

IMX Delta Batteries are very helpful