Megane ECU memory

I intend removing my Megane's ECU connector to reseat it, and eliminate it from a list of possible causes of an intermittent problem I have.

Does anyone know if any data will be lost in doing that? Tuning data will be restored after some driving, how about the immobiliser/key system? This is a 99 version, real keys, but horribly expensive ones.

Reply to
Joe

In message , Joe writes

Thing you have to be careful of is the reliability of the ECU multiplug, some of them are rated for a horribly small number of insertions.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Disconnect the battery -ve lead and have the key off and removed before you disconnect the multiplug at the ecu.

There should be no loss of memory with respect to the immobilizer, though the ecu will have to re-learn base idle and the like.

Make sure you have the radio code too!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Tha majority of modern ECUs use a permenant non-battery-powered memory. This means that on most newer vehicles disconnecting the battery achieves nothing. On late systems , the memory can only be reset using an appropriate piece of test equipment - or, some systems will reset non-recurring fault codes during the driving cycle. A 99 model car is likely to be a permenant memory type although it may just be one of the last of the old systems. Mike

Reply to
Mike