RE: Fiesta Lower arm Bushes

Hi

Took my 97 R Reg 1.25 43,000 miles for a service at a Ford Garage, they picked up several items that required attention.

  1. Alternator belt perished cost ?29.95
  2. N/S brake pipe twisted & O/S ?25
  3. N/S & O/S lower Arm Bush pulling out ?69.95 each
  4. Discs worn ?109.95

Do these items go at these age and milage and are the costs reasonable. Is it worth me getting a manual and trying to do them myself, the price for the bushes seems an awful lot. One final thing the car passed an MOT 5 weeks (1000) miles ago would not some of these things not have been pick up.

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave

i take it you had a "health check" if the bushes were ok for the test then they will most likely last till the next one dont worry about your discs until the pads are worn out too you can fit the alt belt yourself cheaper even if you use halfrauds for the part the twisted brake pipes i take it were at the rear? have you had rear cylunders fitted cos thats when they end up twisted and its down to the person who fitted the cylinders(if you were the customer) to sort it out

Reply to
Mindwipe

No. 3 and possibly no. 2 would be MoT items. You need to know who is right here - the MoT tester or Ford. I would suspect that Ford are just trying to make some business. If the abvoe are supply and fit prices then it's not *bad*.

www.buypartsby has complete Fiesta control arms for 15 + vat but of course you'd have to pay fitting too.

Discs might be worn but are they worn below the minimum level? new discs would be about 30 quid a pair, but you'd also need new pads. MoT testers sometimes will note if discs are worn but won't fail the car (if the car still brakes ok)

Yes 40k miles is not unreasonable for these sort of repairs.

Reply to
adder

Actually, you can get front discs for Fiestas for around a tenner!

Reply to
adder