Melted connector

Hi all

Car is sister's 1.1 HCS Fiesta with Cfi *Was* apparently attempting to stall at junctions but recently OK.

Some months ago it wouldn't start and a plug was found to be cracked through by a mobile mechanic. Starting OK since apparently.

Been asked to give it a service and discovered connector beneath air filter pretty badly melted and contacts oily looking, although still obviously functional. Also noticed a small burnt patch in centre of air filter housing.

The hose from oil filler cap is very soft and collapsed and the connecting pipe into air cleaner housing was blocked with crud.

From previous posts, I understand that a poor connection here will cause misfires and poor running. Is it enough to simply replace the connector and ' wait and see ' or should I be looking for something more serious ?

TIA Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy