More Terrano shenanigans

It needs upper and lower suspension ball joints coz the offside wheel doth wobble.

I've bought some new 'uns from the 'net and they look suitably chunky and shiny. Thing is, I killed my balljoint splitter the last time I used it. Do I have to go and buy another one or does anyone have any inventive ways of splitting the joint? S'not like I'm going to be using the old ones for anything...

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

have you tried one of these

reg

That style balljoint splitter is the absolute dogs bollocks. It really is.

I had a Sealey one (bought from Cafco - local factors) for ages, until once I used it and the stress actually broke the forged metal casting - one of the bits of the lever, as the force acting on it was *that* strong. I asked them if it had a lifetime warranty (as is often the case with such tools), and most Sealey tools (including this one) did, but since I'd long since lost the receipt there was nothing they could do, so it was £12 for a new one. They gave me Sealey's number to deal direct with them, which I haven't got around to......

But yeah, absolutely brilliant tools, them. Only really any use IME on steering balljoints (track-rod ends) and not bottom balljoints, though YMMV.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan