micra rattle (sure its not timing chain)!!!!

hey guys the other day stupidly i went a little too quickly through which can only be described as a biggggggggg puddle. i conked out then later restarted my micra which suddenly developed a very rattly horrible noise that is the same all the time whether hot/cold/idling etc was always the same! i cant identify where this is coming from. anyone had any similar probs??? the noise is very metalic!! some have said could be the tappits some say its from the bottom end somewhere??!!!! any ideas ????????????/ thanks for ur time dan

Reply to
danarthurton

If it is a rattle and not a knock/tap, then check and see if the noise is coming from the Catalyst, cold water on a very hot cat can cause the core to break up.

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

urmmm good idea but i think it is more of a tap and knock. Its doing my head in tho just waiting for it to blow up. sounds like its more coming from the back of the engine like near the inlet manifold.?????? confused!!!!

Reply to
danarthurton