Miniature MIG welding bottle coupling size?

Gentlemen,
Does anyone know what the correct name is for the type of coupling that fits on these disposable MIG welding gas bottles that Sealey do? They're
only about 14" high and maybe 3.5" or so in diameter. The outlet at the top (obscured by a black cap in this picture) is a male brass 25tpi- threaded collar with an outside diameter of 0.392"
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/140774053529-0-1/s-l1000.jpg
ta.

I dont know what you are trying to do but those small co2 bottles are a waste of money you would be better off buying a regulator and a co2 pub gas bottle
-
On 26/02/2018 17:34, Mark wrote:

1/8" BSP
On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 19:24:53 +0000, MrCheerful wrote:

Thanks, Mr. C!
On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 17:34:50 +0000, Mark wrote:

That much is clear.
but those small co2 bottles are a

Er no. I'm not interested in CO2. I just posted that image because the container happens to be the same as the one I *am* interested in: UN1006 Argon, which I couldn't find an image for.
On 26/02/18 16:05, Cursitor Doom wrote: <snip> > The outlet at the

M10 x 1.0?
1/8 bsp is much finer (28tpi), and putting a micrometer on a male thread usually reads slightly below its nominal od, while 1/8bsp is 0.383" od.
M10x1.0 is finer than the 10mm bolt you'll find in the ironmonger's, but seems common enough as a pipe thread - it's even used on brake pipes and fittings.
--
Kevin

On 27/02/2018 09:58, Kevin wrote:

A very easy Google search will show multiple sellers stating they are 1/8th BSP, so unless they are all wrong, that is the size.
Quite why the OP cannot use Google is beyond my knowledge though.
On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 10:20:57 +0000, MrCheerful wrote:

I can't speak for them, but certainly the 1/8 bsp I got today doesn't fit (not even close). I'll give Kevin's idea a try next, in the absence of any other suggestions.
On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 09:58:33 +0000, Kevin wrote:

Ah! I know I have some of those in the garage; save me another trip to the auto supplies shop! :-)
On 27/02/18 18:21, Cursitor Doom wrote:

Did the OP reach a conclusion about that thread?
--
Kevin