Missing fusebox info

I had recent problems with my washer when I discovered that my handbook wasn't much use for identifying fuses and that my VW Touran (06) seemed to be missing a sticker identifying the fuses next to the fusebox. (It was a mechanic at the dealer who told me that there ought to be one).

I aked the main dealer about this and they've come back to me with the story that the Touran isn't supplied with one.

Can any Touran owner confirm that there car doesn't have one either? I'd be the first to admit that I'm not likely to be delving into the fuse box too often (I certainly hope not anyway) but it does p*ss me off that even this info is now being treated as a "need to know" item and that I, as the humble owner, don't need to know it.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

How about asking the dealer to show you under the bonnet of another one on the forecourt? Or go to another dealer pretending you are interested in buying one, and ask to look under the bonnet?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Why? What will you see there? ;-)

Reply to
Richard Polhill

The fuse identification diagram is normally moulded into (inside of) the fusebox lid.

JB

Reply to
JB

I'm talking about the one under the dash. No lid and no moulded guide. As I said, I was advised by a VW mechanic that there would normally (on other VWs at least) be a vehicle specific sticker attched to the back of the compartment cover.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

It is the fusebox on the drivers side end of the dash panel. You carefully pop the cover off with a couple of flat blade screwdrivers, and the "traditional VAG grey" sticker should be stuck on the inside of the cover.

Tim, as someone else mentioned, go along to the stealer (or even another stealer), saying you are looking to change, and want a full-day unaccompanied test drive (if you currently have, say, a petrol manual - then ask for a diesel DSG). Then, when you are clear of the stealers premises, pop the fusebox cover, and have a look.

HTH

Reply to
LeakiestWink

Can't see what good that would do. All I would then know is what fuses should be where for a different car. The whole point of the sticker is that it's supposed to be specific for my model.

I've got VW UK currently looking into the situation. The dealer's mechanics tell me there should be a sticker there. The dealer (after consultation with VW UK) tell me my car doesn't come with one. I'd rather believe the mechanic (even if he is wrong) and am currently pressuring VW into supplying me with the info.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie