X Reg Mondeo 1.8 Engine fusebox heated windscreen problem ...

Hello All

My heated windscreen has stopped working on the driver's side and after checking yesterday check fuses 5 and 6 in the engine compartment fusebox.

I wen home and got the manul to make sure i had the right fuses and opened the bonnet - found the fusebox and opened it and realised that the fusebox is totally different to the diagram in the manual.

the owners manual says that fuses 5 and 6 should be 30 amp.

the fusebox has only one 3 amp fuse in location 6 - location 5 doesn't seem to have the pins connected (the bit where the fuse blades sit doesn't have any internal connectors) and there is no fuse there at all.

i've read elsewhere that ford downgraded some fuse rating from 10amp to

7.5 amp after 1997 but surely they wouldn't downgrade from 30 amp to 3 amp ?

any ideas

thanks

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

The fuses are usually listed inside the lid of a fusebox - does yours have such a list?

Or maybe there's another fusebox you need to find - often there's also one below the steering wheel.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Morton

AFAIK the Mondeo interior fusebox is located behind the glovebox.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

The fuses are listed on the inside of the lid and match the fuses in the fusebox - just not the fuses in the manual or on the internet ... fuse 5 is a 3amp and fuse 6 isn't there at all

I think I'm gonna have to buy a Haynes manual

Reply to
SteveB

There will be two identically rated fuses for the front screen, and they will be at least 30A each.

Good idea if you are keeping the car for any length of time. If not, your local library may have one.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Or take out the glovebox and see the fusebox sat behind it. The fusebox=20 in the engine bay is for engine managementy type stuff. All the other=20 fuses are in the fusebox behind the glovebox.=20

The glovebox pulls out and there's a button on the right side of the=20 fusebox that you press and it drops down giving access to the fuses.=20 The button can be a PITA to push...I used a solid object on it.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

My Fiesta's headed screen fuses (and relay) are in the fusebox in the engine bay.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

Thanks all - I'll post an update later